Guide to the myEarthLink App
With the myEarthLink App, you can access your account, check the weather, answer emails, read the news, and keep an eye on your stocks. It’s available for free on the iOS store and Google Play.
If you’re an active EarthLink customer, you might want to learn more about how the app can improve your experience.
In this article you will find out...
myEarthLink App: An Overview
myEarthLink is a way to personalize the way you see the internet. Users are well-acquainted with the browser version. You can choose which news sites you want to see, answer and read emails, and personalize your homepage to reflect your priorities.
The app works similarly, except for your mobile device. The myEarthLink app is available for both phones and tablets and allows you to personalize your mobile web experience. Instead of flipping back and forth between apps, you’ll find all the essential information in one place.
What Can I Do With the myEarthLink App?
You can personalize the app to include what’s most important to you. Many people choose to include the following options:
- Contacts: You can view and send emails to all your EarthLink contacts and groups
- Email: Access your EarthLink emails from your phone or tablet
- Manage your account: Check or change your billing address, contact information, or credit card. You can also pay bills through the app and add new services.
- Stocks: Stocks are continually changing, and with the myEarthLink app, you can ensure you stay up-to-date. Set the app to show your personal stocks, or ask the app to show the top stocks of the day.
- Chat: You can now chat directly with support from the app.
- Weather: Whether you’re rushing to get ready for work or considering a day trip to the beach, the myEarthLink App allows you to check the forecast quickly.
- News: The number of news apps available today is overwhelming. If you’ve got several apps active, you might get the same notification four or five times. Instead, you can personalize your myEarthLink App to show your favorite newspapers and channels. You can also choose to focus on local, national, or international news.
How To Set Up the myEarthLink App
The process of setting up this app is relatively simple. Follow these steps to download, set up, and get the most out of your myEarthLink app.
1. Check Your Phone is Compatible
The myEarthLink app is available for Apple and Android devices. You’ll need an Apple phone or tablet with iOS 11 or higher. You should also check that you have enough space on your phone before downloading it.
2. Download the App
Once you’ve confirmed your device will run the myEarthLink app, download it for free. For those of you with limited data plans, make sure you’re on wifi.
3. Set Up
After you’ve downloaded the app, you’ll need to allow the app to access your location. Your location will allow the weather feature to provide you personalized forecasts. Next, you’ll need to sign in using your email and password. Click on the mail feature and input your information.
You can only check one email at a time. If you have multiple emails, consider having your secondary account automatically forward emails to your primary. Otherwise, you’ll need to log out to check your other accounts.
To make logging in easier, consider investing in a password manager. Then you can quickly change between accounts without typing in long, complicated passwords.
Once you’ve logged in to your email, you’re all set up and ready to use the app.
The beauty of this app is that it’s simple to navigate. You’ll find a toolbar with buttons for Mail, Weather, News, and Stocks at the bottom of your screen. Just tap, and you’ll instantly see your personalized news, local weather, or emails.
What Other EarthLink App Users Are Saying
Many myEarthLink App users have expressed positive and negative experiences with the app. According to other users, the pros of the app are:
- Easy to navigate
- Syncs with your phone contacts
- Everything in one place
However, since the recent update in August 2020, some customers have experienced problems:
- Occasional app crashing
- Problems logging into their email account
- Slow to load or lags
However, despite the problems with the new update, the EarthLink team has support available for both the browser and mobile version to help you through any issues.
If you’re an EarthLink user, follow these steps to make it easier to access your account, email, weather, and news while on the go. The myEarthLink app means less changing windows and provides you a more streamlined way to access the internet.